Most businesses in the digital space engage in publishing blog posts, e books, articles, white papers, and press releases often.
This has increased the demand for using tools that will help produce credible content for your websites, social media pages, or other publication channels.
In content writing, every writer uses basic tools for grammar check and proofreading. Not every writer is a professional in content writing skills, however, these tools help to clean up fluffs and correct spellings or misused words in your content. This is something Link Gathering specializes in.
For non-native speakers learning the English language, it can be difficult implementing the grammar rules when writing. A misplacement of conjugation can change the whole meaning of a context, which is why these instruments help you modify your context effectively.
As a content writer, you should be able to provide engaging and informative articles for publications. You can achieve this with the right marketing skills such as search engine optimization and more. If you are a beginner and you are willing to know how to write error free text posts, this article is for you.
Table of Contents
What is Content Writing?
This is a process of crafting content to drive a message or intent to your target audience.
Content creators who are content writers research and write content such as video scripts, podcasts, and writing blog posts.
Writing content involve initiating different writing style to stay relevant and unique in your niche. Let’s look at the writing tips to become a good content writer.
10 Content writing tips
To create original content as a writer, you need marketing materials to help you use word choice and sentences in a grammatically correct manner.
Also, you need the right writing skill to implement them.
Below are content writing tips:
- Understand your target audience and know how to engage them
- Do enough research on your articles to know what valuable content to give out to your audience.
- Use a catchy headline to create a hook and grab your audience.
- Use simple language to communicate your intent to your audience.
- Keep sentences short and interesting for easy readability.
- Use active voice when writing to make it more engaging
- Apply images, infographics, and visual elements to spice up your content.
- Employ proofreading tools to aid you through the writing process
- Follow a well-structured pattern of writing with grammar rules
- Publish on several social media platforms for marketing purposes
What is Proofreading?
This is the process of checking spelling, punctuation, and formatting documents to ensure grammar misplacement. It is usually the final stage before submitting a document for publishing.
Content marketers and professionals must employ proofreading and writing services to help review documents of content created by writers. Below are the Importance of proofreading;
- Increase clarity
when your writing is free from errors, it makes it easier for your target audience to read and understand clearly the context of the content.
- Improves accuracy of the content
An article that is free of mistakes, gives more accuracy to your work. Some homophones can change the meaning of a word in your writing, for example, spelling “Cow” as “Cowl” or using wrong punctuation. That is why you need to proofread after copy editing.
- Enhance credibility
Content is credible enough when it appears in a well-structured format. For example, an ebook format written by a professional shows credibility and proper time taken in the editing and review of the crafted piece.
The different content format includes email newsletters, keynote speeches, web page copy, landing pages, and YouTube video description.
Top 5 Proofreading Services
- Your Perfect English: the editors specialize in academics, speakers, and students. They specialize in all disciplines.
- Wordy: this service reviews your work in 30 seconds. They accept documents in any format. Examples are PDF, Google Docs, MS Office and LaTex.
- Proofers: this is a Uk based company that reviews professional documents in English language. It can be an essay, article, CVs and business files.
- Get Proofed: this company provide affordable and reliable rates for students to help them out in referencing documents
- Scribendi: they have a rating of 4.7/5 and they provide service that is fast and affordable. Your work can be reviewed within 4 hours.
Content Creation Tools
- Semrush: used for keyword research, headings, and topics to write about to rank on search engines.
- Grammarly: this is a great tool that enables a writer to check grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. It also makes suggestions for sentences and plagiarism checks.
- Buzzsumo: it is known for finding popular content to distribute on social networks, it measures your progress and shows you your performance over time.
- WordPress: it helps you host a blog or website with features that help you promote a guest post for your brand.
- Hootsuite: this tool is used to manage accounts on social networks. It allows you to schedule a post to publish as well as track performanc
Best Practices in Content Writing
Create an Outline
The first step in creating content is brainstorming ideas and putting it down as a draft.
This will help you channel your content in an organized manner. Also, this helps to structure your writing in no way that it permeates through the major headings that you set out before you started writing.
There are key tactics that work well in creating outlines, they are:
- Use a higher ranking page that has quality content for reference purposes
- Incorporate a template in your writing process, that way you know the better structure to use
- Use previously published content that did well to create a more compelling copy
Keep it snappy, rich, and entertaining
This will captivate your audience otherwise they will move on to something else on the web. For instance, you can create content about a car and discuss in a conversing manner how a car brand can change your lifestyle. This will captivate a reader’s mind.
You can use videos as a great example showing the features of the car and explaining its uses.
Quote Contents on Social Hangouts
Study shows that social channel distribution of blog post for most people can be informative. These publications may be product descriptions or downloads of podcasts.
An increase in SEO content ranks is a result of social network distribution, depending on how engaging your content can be. Add a quotable text-based caption and refer people to your websites for more details.
Choose interesting Angles
Publishing generic blog posts will leave you hanging without progress in hour marketing campaigns. Using angles requires captivating content to stay unique and relevant.
This angle may be a true life story or a fictional character that portrays the intent of the content. People like to hear stories and a controversial one, the angle you go depends on the targeted audience.
Make it Actionable
As much as you want to create a piece of content that is entertaining, some niche requires logical, tactical information with backup statistics.
However, for your content marketing to work you must create eye-catching valuable information for users to take action.
Here is how:
- Include a step-by-step process to help your readers navigate through your content easily for them to understand and take action.
- Use examples: Examples Readers can relate to your copy when relatable illustrations are used to explain complex terms.
- Keep it up-to-date: outdated content can ruin a great piece. Constantly updating your content will help you stay relevant in your niche as Google crawls your websites.
Make it Trustworthy
People like to share content that is credible enough. Your writing plays an important role in the marketing industry. To make your content look trustworthy these are tips for that;
- Do enough research that way you can validate the source of the content. References and backlinks can show and elaborate more on what you are talking about.
- Use Grammarly tools to improve your skill and polish your writing.
Use Magnetic Headlines
Online visitors are mainly filled with skimmers unless perhaps they want to read about critical informative pieces. Headlines with shorter word counts have a higher tendency to be shared on various distribution channels.
Adding emotions to the titles gives an emotional marketing value used to impact your content. Also, use a short introduction to explain a bit of your content before you dive into the main point.
We live in a world where things change with time. It is good to read more and research the trending factor in writing a compelling article. Attending community webinars, and workshops or taking a course will make you knowledgeable about producing great copy.
No matter how good you are as a content writer, there are essential guidelines to follow to produce the best article. However, combining marketing strategies will help you stand out among your competitors and also help you improve your writing skills.
In this digital era, millions of content copies are published on various websites, and writing an original piece of content with research will enable you to write content that will generate leads.
Benefits of Email SegmentationWhere to Embed a Segmentation Survey in Your Marketing Strategy?Best practices for Email List SegmentationType of Email AccountLean into Readers with High Open RatesEngage New...
Navigating through the vast sea of digital content, it’s become a delightful challenge to craft words and ideas that sparkle with uniqueness and intimacy, a beacon of light amidst the ubiquitous. This...